Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for for many things in my life. But this time of year, I'm especially grateful for a handful of things.

First being 4-wheel drive. There is no way I could get around without the option of 4-wheel drive. Where we live now is only about 10 miles from where we used to live, but closer to the mountains. Therefore, we get WAY more snow than at our old house. Just the other night we got about a foot overnight, whereas at our old place, a big fat nothing. I didn't believe when people told us that weather conditions were THAT different only a few miles away.

The second big thank you is for my garage. It's so nice to be able to pull out in the mornings and not have to run my car for 15 minutes to warm up or have to get out the snow scraper. Love it, love it, love it.

The third and most recent addition is for the snowblower. I finally talked my husband into getting a snowblower. We've been relying on our fantastic neighbors to bail us out (again grateful, by the way). But I don't want to abuse that relationship in anyway and there is no reason for us not to get one at this point. The weather is only supposed to worsen over the next few days and it's only January. We have atleast a dozen more storms before June. So here she is in all her red shinyness. What a beauty!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have had a blog all this time and not told me about it!!!! It was great to read though. You guys are hilarious too. I look forward to checking it quite often.