Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Garden!!!

I am so super excited that my little garden is starting to produce!! In our old house, I tried a garden 1 year, but it was only slightly successful. Last year I gave it a go again, but completely unsuccessful. This year, now that I am not working, I have the opportunity to give the attention a garden needs. I am actually becoming a bit of an addict to yard work!
Left to Right:
squash, peas, beans, potatoes and tomatoes
peas
squash
beans

We also have strawberries and raspberries that are new starts, so hopefully we will see some yummy fruit next year!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Nice job! Your garden is so pretty! Neal planted a garden before he deployed, and its gone a little nuts. We have string beans, TONS of squash, and lots and lots of tomatoes that are getting ready to pick. Too bad I don't really like veggies very much. I do like fresh salsa though. The green beans I am trying to get my kiddos to eat. The squash is going crazy! I have tons of it every other day! Don't you just love the NorthWest?

Stephanie said...

Awesome! I'm jealous! We planted a few things late in the year, so we're not expecting much, but we wanted to see if Mason liked it and would eat any of it. Seeing everyone's huge nice gardens make us want to do a big one next year!