Monday, February 11, 2008

Fries or Crap?


Have you been to McDonald's or Wendy's lately? Ordered up some fries? Remember the fries that tasted oh so good? Well it is a thing of the past. Apparently, the oil of which the yummy fries contained trans fat, "Trans fat is the common name for a type of unsaturated fat with trans- isomer fatty acid(s). Trans fats may be monounsaturated or polyunsaturated", according to Wikipedia. Therefore, for the greater good of society we are left with, yip you guessed it, crappy fries. To those individuals that seemingly can't control themselves with the holier than thou and seem to at every turn want to tell me what to do, I say thank you for saving my life you idiot. As if I didn’t already know french fries were bad for my health. I take risks according to my tastes and preferences. It is the very freedom that I subscribe to in this great country. If I choose to slowly kill myself by eating fries I feel it is my right. Who knows maybe I run 5 miles a day to offset such intake of trans fat food. Perhaps, I vomit the fries in an effort to save myself from the harmful effects of such consumption. Either way, NO one called me up and asked if I supported such a ban. This country seems to be more rapidly controlled by a few individuals that love to tell me what to do. I am waiting the notification of do’s and don’ts from my government. Perhaps skiing will be banned due to sighted health risks. Either way please stop telling me what to do!

No comments: