I'm here at work, trying to get through a bank statement. This is hands down the hardest part of my job. Let me give a little background to my financial experience or lack there of and how I got the job I currently have. I started here at the Heritage Center almost 2 1/2 years ago as the receptionist. Just a few months into the job, our Executive Director stepped out and he was replaced by our Associate Director. The new Director then asked me to somewhat replace him handling the A/R, A/P and basic day to day financial functions as well as managing the receptionist and gift shop. Now for a description of my experience. Pretty much none. My boss was able to teach me the basics, but there is a lot that I don't know how nor am interested in learning how to do: budgets, functional expense reports and such. Now back to the
bank statements. When balancing a check book, it's typically not this challenging, but when you get credit cards being deposited and fees being withdrawn, that's where it gets tricky. Credit card charges can take up to 5 days to be deposited into our account. And some credit
companies take their cut before you see the money, some have a regular fee and others take a percentage at the end of the month. It's just a headache to even try to explain. Anyway, as much I hate doing the statements, I put them off. For like months. Here is is, almost the middle of June and I am working on the March statement. But I have to clarify, I have done January and February just today. So here I find myself blogging because I'm waiting for my boss to check on something for me. But I have the motivation, so I don't want to give up yet for today. I am hoping to get through March before giving up and finding another day for April and May.
1 comment:
I love work. Oh wait, I am going to be unemployed on Monday! Yikes. Hey, I like the look of your new blog.
Post a Comment