Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the Old days...



This is a picture of the house I grew up in. It was taken after the hurricane. There are a few changes, but for the most part, it's the same. So many memories come back to me when I see this picture. Playing bball on the driveway, trying to angle the car in the shade and actually hitting the wood part between the garage doors (lmao), sneaking out my window, hanging from the brick arch and the bricks actually breaking off....


but when I see this house, the one thing that sticks out in my mind is my mother. I miss her so much. If given the opportunity to see her today, I would first say how sorry I am for all the things I put her through. I understand now being a parent, just how much she only wanted me to be happy and safe. She made so many sacrifices for me that I never understood or realized.

I would then share with her how proud I am of her, who she was and the life she led. She was always so dedicated in everything she did.

Next I would share with her my beautiful daughter. She always encouraged me to have another baby, lol. As stubborn as I am, I told her it would never happen. My sis-in-law pointed out to me that Dillan most likely already has met her grandmother. That my mother was probably there when Dillan left the presence of her Heavenly Father to come into our lives. I have to think that my mother pobably gave Dillan a list of things to do to get retribution, lol.

Life is short. Enjoy the ones you love while you have the time.



4 comments:

Lindsay said...

She was a beautiful and wise woman! She also knew how to have a good time...such fun memories. I'm thankful for the great example she set for me as a young woman.

Jillian said...

Ditto! I understand completely and I truly beleive Dillan has met her grandma. I think my mom is sending mine down as fast as she can.:)Before I become any wiser.

Kristin said...

Your mom was awesome! She definitely had a tremendous impact on my younger days as well. I am sure she is very proud of you and the woman you have become, Dana! And Dillan is perfect!

Jennifer Nielson said...

And to know that within the span of eternity, this earthly life is but a moment. We have so much to look forward to! What joy we have in the plan of salvation!

The veil is thin--I know your mother is smiling and pleased as she is watching you hold and nurture your babies.