Monday, December 22, 2008

Temple Square

I love temple square in the winter. This is our second annual trip there and we had such a great time. The crisp chill in the air and beautiful lights are awesome.









We went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg for a break from the cold and to get some hot chocolate. We let Spencer do some exploring while Ryan and I sat in the lobby. Spencer wanted to go upstairs to look over the balcony. So he headed off to the elevator. I could see him from the distance in and out of the elevator, but he never made it to the balcony. After about 20 minutes he came back and was so confused because he couldn't get to the balcony level. He was like, I went to level 2 and that's not it. So we said, what level are we on? And he said this was the lobby level. We then told him to push the button right above the lobby button. So off he went to try that. He was in and out of every elevator (there are 4-5) ushering people in and out trying to get to the balcony level. Probably a half hour later, he comes zooming back and was frustrated he still couldn't get to the balcony level. Then it hit me that the 2nd level was actually listed as the mezzanine level. So I suggested that and within minutes, Spencer was hanging over the balcony waving.

1 comment:

Trina said...

I love seeing the pictures. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without seeing Temple Square. It looks like you had a great time.