Thursday, August 13, 2009

Asian Beef and Vegetables

This is another recipe I found for summer squash and snow peas. DANG GOOD. I doubled the sauce, (Ryan likes a lot of sauce) and to have enough for some rice.

2 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp dry sherry (I left this out, only because I don't keep it on hand)
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp corstarch
2 tsp minced fresh ginger, divided
1 lb beef flank or skirt steak, cut into thin strips
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow summer squach, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips = about 1 cup
4 oz snow peas, trimmed = 1/2 cup
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1. Mix soy sauce, sherry, honey, cornstarch and 1tsp ginger in medium bowl until well blended. Add steak; mix well and set aside.
2. Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add onions, garlic and remaining 1tsp ginger; cook and stir over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add squash, bell peppers and snow peas. Cook 3-4 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove veggies from skillet and set aside.
3. Add steak mixture to same skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until steak strips are no longer pink in ceter. Return veggies to skillet; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprink with crushed red pepper.

ENJOY!

No comments: