Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School


I cannot belive Spencer is in 5th grade. Am I really that old?!?


I am super excited for this year and the teacher we have. We met with the teacher and resource team a couple days before school started. The teacher seems really on top of things and wants to push Spencer to his full potential this year. I feel that is awesome in preparation for middle school. Some other things the teacher has said to me get me a little upset with the resource team and makes me wonder if I haven't pushed them enough to get the job done.


First couple of days went really well, despite the fact that Spencer has been sick. He came home on Tuesday from playing and was running a slight fever. Threw up a couple times and was in bed all day Wednesday with a fever. Thursday morning he still felt sick, but good enough to go to school, so I let him go. He came home with hives from head to toe; no joke. He said they didn't itch at all. Gave him some IBpurfin and some benedryl. Fever came down, hives did nothing. Hives were down a bit on Friday morning, so I let him go to school. Came home just like Thursday afternoon. Called the doc, he told me to use the benedryl for a full 24 hours then see where he is. Absolutly nothing. So I called the on call doc on Saturday and he said since the benedryl wasn't doing anything, it was most likely part of the fever, viral infection he had. So here we are almost a full week later and he still has the hives. Came home from school yesterday with a cough and congestion. UGH!!!

No comments: