Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Election Day

Yeah! Today we get to exercise our right to vote. I use the term, "we", in an effort to persuade those who do not exercise their right to vote into voting. On a day with such heated topics I find myself wondering many things. Which candidate in our area will best represent my interests? Which candidate will actually represent the advertised issues after election day? Sometimes, candidates are like first dates; they will say anything to impress. I find it difficult to find the right person for the posted jobs. Many individuals come with great ideas however, fall short in other areas. If you have read my previous post, you will find that generally speaking I am opposed to more taxes. Unfortunately, I foresee in this specific election, more taxes. Utah is undergoing changes that require resources to keep up to public demand. The knee-jerk, 3rd grade response to change is to, "throw more money at it". Well boys and girls as I approach the poles today I hope to vote for a person that will keep our taxes in check. I hope you will vote today and if not remember the ol saying, "if you didn't vote you can't complain (edited)".

No comments: