Monday, May 26, 2008

The New Ride

Well, we did it. Something I swear I would never do, we bought a minivan. Yikes! I feel old, and I'm not even 30!!!

Spencer got a new chair a couple months ago and after checking out every SUV on the market, nothing would work. So we looked, talked, looked, talked and looked some more. It was sickening. It wasn't even fun. When we would go and look, the dealers would offer for us to take a test drive and Ryan and I were both like, "Nah." It was unemotional and unexciting. But now that we have it and it has 95% of the extras we wanted, we are quite satisfied. It drives nice, it's comfy and fits our needs. For being forced to drive a van, I couldn't have asked for a better one.

It's a 2008, new. I drove off the lot with 14 miles on the odometer. We've put 250 miles on it just this weekend. We are looking forward to a nice roadtrip with lots of room.


Although certain songs like Enter Sandman, by Metallica are definitly not as fun to listen to, we will enjoy it and face the fact: we are getting older whether we are ready for it or not.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

You joined the club!!! All I can say to everyone else is never say never.....one day you to will drive a mini van. I love the odyessy it is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way!! I swore, I would NEVER drive a minivan, but when Jon is done with school, we are going to get one too. (Or if a another child comes sooner than expected :) But it looks very nice, and it is the most reasonable for now-a-days!

Mel said...

What... are minivans not cool;)